Saturday, August 29, 2026

THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED - FORD LASER KE REDLINE

Hello and Welcome Back... A little change of Pace..

I've owned a few cars in my lifetime.. First car was a 'Hyundai Excel Sprint' (POS), 2nd car was a 5lt V8 VK Holden Commodore (Hoon), 3rd was a Honda Prelude Gen3 (Smooth) and my 4th car was this one. 

A Ford Laser KE Redline (Limited Edition)

 


I went everywhere in this car, never let me down once. Made in Australia, it was a 1989 Ford Laser KE 'Redline'. 

The Redline model had special 2 tone paint (silver on top, grey on bottom) with a red insert strips in the body side moldings and bumpers. 

Also came with TX3 style alloy wheels. 

I also added a extra plastic lip on the bottom of the front spoiler making the car look lower than what it was from front on. It came with plastic trim lip but I added another.. Looked cool.

The only thing that was a little underwhelming was the 3 speed auto gearbox but still zippy with a 1.6ltr carburetor engine.

I also added a real louvre on the back windscreen and when that broke, made it into a rear spoiler.

 



 

I miss this car, It was fun to drive. At the time, I didn't realize it was a Limited Edition, I thought it looked good and wanted something in order to get rid of my Honda Prelude which had some cut out issue. 

This Prelude would stall if you put your foot down too hard. Not good when you pull out onto a highway and a truck is headed towards you at 80kmph and the car stalls mid-way. 

Life flashed before my eyes, it was really boring..

I even went camping with my Laser, what I thought was rain turned out to be snow. She started first go too, same could not be said about the dude in the Landrover 4x4 beside me.

 


 

Back to the music :)

 

 

#fordlaserredline

#kelaser

#laserredline

#redline

#limitededition 

#fordlaser 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.