Friday, April 11, 2014

DAVE BEETHAM - THE ONLY LOVE SONG (Sounds like the 80s)

Hello and welcome back.... Loving this, Stunning sounds from the U.K.

Melodic synths, Strong, edgy Guitar work and Electric vocals make "The Only Love Song" stand out from the crowd...

Producing his own unique brand of UK indie bird song with a twist of retro pop chemistry, 'Dave Beetham' has a style and sound similar to early 'New Order' or 'Depeche Mode'.

David lists his influences from music from the late 70's and early 80's, disco, punk, new wave, synth rock and indie groove.
Bands / Artists like Numan, Bowie, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Depeche Mode, U2, OMD, Nirvana, Kraftwerk, Ultravox, Blondie, Nelson, Dolby, Gabriel, New Order & JAWS (a bit of a newer UK band).



'The Only Love Song' is from the second album from Dave Beetham called 'Sleepyhead' - Check it out here

Other Tracks on the Sleepyhead EP include 'Keyhole Surgery', 'Its all a Game' and 'Sleepyhead'

A brilliant and talented artist with music to match, Dave Beetham is one to follow... A 10/10 song


DAVE BEETHAM - THE ONLY LOVE SONG



BIOGRAPHY
I went to art college and studied painting and photography. Whilst there I wrote more songs than I painted pictures so I left art school and formed UK Manchester band 'Paranoise'..
We were chosen by the NME for their new band showcase in London.
We disbanded after a very slutty relationship with the late Tony Wilson at Factory Records and I briefly joined Jane Weaver as guitarist. Since then I have hidden myself away in the studio recording my own stuff and occasionally collaborating with new friends.
I am currently getting my shit together on line in an effort to reach out and find a new digital audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.