Thursday, July 19, 2012

SYLVESTER ( ft PATRICK COWLEY ) - do you wanna funk

Hello and welcome back.... Another song I thought I had already done but no.... I have been slack.
This powerhouse of a song graced our radio's back in 1982, "Sylvester" (Sylvester James) was the singer and it was produced by "Patrick Cowley".
Patrick died the same year this song was released (1982)
Sylvester died in 1988
Previous to his death, Patrick also had hits with "Menergy" and "Megatron Man"
I head this song on a CD last night while picking up my daughter from work, while the music was playing, bass was pumping, the back door was slightly open so it was like my own private disco as the interior light was flickering on & off.... Hhhmm... you had to be there.






SYLVESTER - DO YOU WANNA FUNK



PATRICK COWLEY - MANERGY



PATRICK COWLEY - MEGATRON MAN  (love this song )



The song "Do you wanna funk" was heard in the 80s movie "Trading Places" with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.