Thursday, May 26, 2011

REAL LIFE - heartland

Hello and welcome back... Known as the haircut bands ( kids in the kitchen, pseudo echo, dear enemy ) "Real Life" burst onto the music scene with big hair and a huge hit called "Send me an Angel". It was a snappy new wave/ synthpop song that launched them into the spotlight. For me I was in heaven ... I loved this type of music and it put many aussie bands on the map.. The pub/ club scene was massive and often sorted the boys from the men, and these new haircut bands could really show what they were made of ( haircut bands because many of them were hairdressers by day, musicians by night ).
Heartland was released in 1983 and had the hits "Send me an Angel", "Always" , "Openhearted" and my pick of the album "Catch me i'm falling" with its punchy electric drums and sweeping synths.. this is one brilliant album.
Track listings are =

1= Send me an Angel


2 = Catch me i'm Falling

3 = under the hammer


4 = heartland


5 = breaking point


6 = broken again


7 = always ( live ) not on album


8 = openhearted


9 = exploding bullets ( from "savage streets" soundtrack )


10 = burning blue



An 80s classic ...... CLICK HERE to Download songs from this album & more from my Mixtape sessions.... cheers
NVJ9QUNKNXBB

2 comments:

  1. What's the password please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, sorry..the site that housed the password closed a while ago BUT another site has a link and password = http://www.80sonspeed.com/article-real-life-heartland-1983-61594351-comments.html#anchorComment
    Use the rapidshare link, the password is = 80sonspeed
    sorry for the stuffup, I will remove the link above so it wont happen again :)
    Thanks to 80sonspeed.com for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.