Monday, May 23, 2011

THE ADVENTURES - theodore and friends

Hello and welcome back... Irish band "the adventures" have been a personal favorite of mine since i brought this album back in 1987 ( when i had money )... They are not that well know in Australia but deserve excellent recognition for this album. Set free in 1985,"theodore and friends" had a slathering of excellent songs including "always", "feel the raindrops", "don't tell me", "another silent day", "love in chains", and my pick of the album.. "send my heart", with it's melodic synths and twangy guitars, its a feel good song. The whole album is like folk meets rock meets electronic... a bit of everything. Enjoy.
Track listing =

1 = always


2 = feel the raindrops


3 = send my heart


4 = two rivers


5 = don't tell me

6 = another silent day


7 = when the world turns upside down

8 = love in chains ( live )


9 = lost in hollywood

10 = these children

Excellent, CLICK HERE to Download songs from this album and more from my Mixtape series.... cheers.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic album! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked.. thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an album!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved loved loved this band, keep looking for new Adventures stuff online. I used to work in a bar in London in '89 and played 'The Sea of Love' to our customers endlessly; hope I sold a few extra copies for them :)
    Beautiful songs, great band that deserved more recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, criminally underrated band. One of the high points of the late 80s/early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best band ever.
    Their songs were a blend of many music genres and for that I really like them.
    I own all the four studio albums they have released, but I don't have their rare songs ("Don't Stand On Me", "Stay away", "The Curragh Of Kildare", "Break Me Down", "In The Garden" and others).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely one of my favourite Bands of the 80's with Love and Money.
    Still cannot understand why they where so underrated!!!???

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.