Thursday, February 10, 2011

TIL TUESDAY - voices carry

Hi and welcome back... Its her voice, Amy Mann, lead singer for "til tuesday" has on of the most incredible voices in music. This is other album i found in my local library.Voices carry was released in 1985 and the single with the same name went to no8 on the music charts. The song was originally sung by a woman to a woman but due to pressure it changed to a woman to a man ( political correctness strikes again, even in the 80s ). The album also had a couple of other hits including "love in a vacuum" and "looking over my shoulder". My favorite song would be "no more crying" with its melodic guitars and that magic voice.. I leave you with some ending moments in voices carry = "He said, shut up! He said, shut up! Oh God, can't you keep it down?...") as she removes her cap to reveal her signature spiky, rat-tailed hair.. God i love the 80s.. Track listings are =

1 = love in a vacuum


2 = looking over my shoulder




3 = i could get used to this

4 = no more crying


5 = voices carry



6 = winning the war


7 = you know the rest


8 = maybe monday


9 = are you serious

10 = don't watch me bleed


11 = sleep

The video of "voices carry" sends a few tears in my eyes... You can almost feel her pain, Either that or my medication just kicked in.. haha .. CLICK HERE to download album and remember if your in a music store ( or itunes ) please buy the album.. Support the artist.. Many thanks to babakazoo for the link.. Peace and love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.