Thursday, November 25, 2010

THE HUMAN LEAGUE - the best of

Hello and welcome back. I often don't like compilation albums, maybe they lack character that a original album has got ( just my way of thinking, please don't yell at me ) but this one changed my mind.
The Human League is fronted by "Phil Oakey" who in the synthesizer world is a legend, take "Electric Dreams" for example, Oakey states that it is ironic that a track that took literally ten minutes to record would become a worldwide hit, while some of his Human League material that took over a year to record didn't get anywhere.
The best of album I have chosen was released in 1997 and included the track "seconds", I just love its smooth flowing synths and I also like "the Lebanon" with its punchy bass lines.
Sadly this compilation has forgotten "Electric Dreams" and "Don't you want me", two of their biggest songs, so the record producer that put this album together needs to be slapped...Hard.
Track list is =

1 = LOVE ACTION


2 = MIRROR MAN


3 = OPEN YOUR HEART


4 = THE SOUND OF THE CROWD


5 = DON'T YOU KNOW I WANT YOU


6 = LIFE ON YOUR OWN


7 = SECONDS


8 = HARD TIMES


9 = DO OR DIE


10 = HEART LIKE A WHEEL


11 = THE LEBANON


12 = GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME


13 = LOUISE


14 = KISS THE FUTURE


15 = HUMAN


16 = LETS GET TOGETHER AGAIN



ELECTRIC DREAMS   ( missing songs )



DON'T YOU WANT ME    ( missing songs )



Click CLICK HERE to Download "Don't you Want Me" and more from my Mixtape series.

http://www.facebook.com/thehumanleague
http://thehumanleague.co.uk/
http://www.myspace.com/humanleagueband







                                                                       










                                                                      

                
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.